Broiled Chicken with Onions and Peppers
Broiling chicken is one of the best ways to get beautiful caramelized, juicy chicken with a little char. If you don’t have access to a grill or don’t want to hassle with having to clean up the mess from grilling, then jump on board and start broiling.
Pros of broiling: Flavorful, juicy meat and faster cooking time.
Cons of broiling: Cannot be unattended, your charred chicken could turn into burnt chicken.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Seasoning Thyme, Spicy or Original All-Purpose Seasoning & Rub
- 4 boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 of white or yellow onion sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup of green or red sweet peppers sliced (optional)
- 3 medium size deseeded jalapeno pepper (optional)
- Set oven to broil (use top rack about 4 inches from element).
- Line a baking tray with foil.
- Pound chicken breasts or thighs into desired thickness or, cut chicken breasts into halves (lengthwise).
- Place chicken onto cooking tray and rub olive oil over chicken.
- Generously coat chicken with Seasoning Thyme Spicy or Original All-Purpose Seasoning & Rub on both sides.
- Place tray into oven and broil for approximately 6 minutes on each side until chicken is caramelized and slightly charred.
- If using optional ingredients (onions, sweet pepper and jalapenos), rub with olive oil, sprinkle with desired amount of Spicy All-Purpose Seasoning & Rub. After cooking chicken on one side for 6 minutes, move chicken to one side of tray and add optional ingredients.
- Remove from oven and ensure internal temperature reads 165 degrees.
- Do not leave chicken unattended as it can easily burn while broiling.
- You can be creative and add vegetables such as yellow and green squash, baby carrots, green beans or asparagus
How to serve?
TACOS: This recipe can be used to make amazing tacos. Just chop chicken to your desired size, put on top of warm corn tortillas, squeeze a little lime juice and enjoy. Of course, sour cream and hot sauce are always an option for those who like a little extra.
SALAD: Just chop chicken to your desire sized and serve over your favorite leafy greens. You can also add your favorite salad condiments.
CHICKEN AND RICE: Add on top of coconut rice, brown or white rice, cilantro lime rice, or plain steamed white rice. Either way is delicious.